[at-l] Folklore?

Total Solar Eclipse of 2001 June 21

On Thursday, 2001 June 21, a total eclipse of the Sun will be visible from
within a narrow corridor which traverses the Southern Hemisphere. The path of
the Moon's umbral shadow begins in the South Atlantic and crosses southern
Africa, and Madagascar and ends at sunset in the Indian Ocean. A partial
eclipse will be seen within the much broader path of the Moon's penumbral
shadow, which includes eastern South America and most of Africa (excluding
north Africa).

 <A HREF="http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/TSE2001/TSE2001.html";>Total Solar Eclipse of 2001 June 21</A>

In a message dated 6/1/2001 5:48:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pmags@yahoo.com
writes:

> --- OIdMaster@aol.com wrote:
> >  Good luck viewing the eclipse Mags! Won't you need
> > to be in Africa?
>

> I honestly do not know. Just looked at my handy, dandy
> ATC calendar and it said "Total Eclipse of the Sun".
>
> Oh well. I hear Kenya has some great coffee... :D

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---