[at-l] Burns hurt - Pepsi Can stove follies

>Immersing the burn area in cold water is a great idea - preferably within
>just a few seconds after the accident.

We were up on top of Mt Rogers on New Years Day last year, and I was
boiling water for tea. I picked up the 2-liter pot with my bandana and
poured half of it onto my wife's arm instead of into her mug. Ouch. She
immediately stuck her arm into the snow and packed more snow on top. This
worked so well that she had _no_ burns -- not even a red mark. Quick
thinking on her part.

Ken