[at-l] New (old) Child's Pack

Hey Gang,

I just ordered a Kelty Coyote Jr. From Campmor for $59.00, this is the
SMALLEST multiday pack I have ever seen for a child. The specs say it will
adjust down to an 11 inch back, so it should fit my youngest son. (That's
Trooper to those of you who were at the GA Ruck.) It holds 2850 cubic inches
which means it should top out fully loaded around 20 to twenty five pounds
max.

The smallest real backpack I had seen previous to this was the Alp's
Hummingbird. Both of these packs have been discontinued by the way. The
Hummingbird came no where close to fitting him and I just got real lucky
when I began to search. Kelty has replaced this model with a new one which
LOOKS identical, but only adjusts to 12 inches.

Trooper's eighth birthday is a little over a month away and we are gearing
up for an extended stroll in Slickrock Wilderness Area the last week in
September. I think he will be about ready to pop to try out his new pack
before the end of September. I may have to invent a hike before then...

I will let everyone know what I think of the pack when it gets here in a
couple of days. I also ordered a 2 liter titanium pot to finish out my set
since it hard to cook dinner for three in my 1 liter pot. Does anyone know
if Walasi Yi carries the titanium cups and spoons? We will be going through
there on the way to Slickrock and I probably will stop to visit. Last I
heard the deal still hadn't gone down, does anyone know different?

Lee I Joe

multipart/related
  multipart/alternative
    text/html