[at-l] Sleeping questions

At 01:41 PM 5/29/01 -0400, Robert Rubin wrote:

>As a compromise, you might try a trick that has worked for me: carrying two
>pads. I found it was actually lighter to carry a 3/4 length ThermaRest
>ultralite (the half-inch thick model) and a full-length closed-cell foam
>Ridgerest or Z-rest than it was to carry a full-length one-inch-thick
>thermarest, much less the extra-thick model.

Ditto...I use an ultralight 3/4 Thermie and a full length Mt Lawson Pad which
is <1/2 in thick and weighs nothing <g>.  I have also tried the die cut
thermies
(is that the light version?) and was not impressed, either with or without the
thin closed cell pad.  Both combos weigh in at less than the thicker thermies.

BUT....I just bought a egg crate shaped closed cell foam pad called the
Mt.Washington.
I've only tested it for one night and haven't done a side by side
comparison between
the old Thermie/Lawson combo and this new pad solo but I AM impressed.  I went
for the egg crate pad because we use the same type of pad on our bunks on the
boat and they are tres comfy.  7oz.....
Mt Wash pad.......http://www.paramountoutfitters.com/foam.html

But