Re[6]: [at-l] Fwd: Campground Hours

I in no way suggested that we shouldn't post our experiences at places and businesses we experience
along the trail. I think we should. What I object to is the arrogance that assumes we can run their
businesses better than they can, and offering to provide management services.

Let's deal in things we know about. Let's not deal with our suppositions about how best to run a
business -- especially one in which probably less than 10 percent of their business deals with thru
hikers.

If the pizza's were lousy, say so. If we don't like mice in bunk rooms, say so.

But let's not offer management services for an obviously successful  business that we truly know
nothing about. And if per chance we do know something that might be helpful, let's convey our wisdom to
the owner, as opposed to telling a 17-year-old small business in a public forum that it's incompetent and that we by
virtue of having spent time on a trail can make them competent.

Weary