Re[4]: [at-l] Appalachian Trail: The Quick Way

Different hikes - different goals.

Last fall I hiked from Woody Gap to Neels Gap in about 4 hours.  I was
"scouting" out the trail for a Troop outing the next weekend and was in
somewhat of a hurry.  I enjoyed the walk in the fresh air and met and spoke
with few hikers and a couple of other Scout Troops, checked out the water
supplies, the shelter at Wood's Hole, and the view from the boulder at the
top of Blood Mtn.  I even took a few pictures for Kahley.  It was a lot of
fun.

The next weekend it took me two days to do the same hike.  It was even more
fun.  This time I noticed the leaves were different colors in different
gaps.  This time we stopped to look at the beauty of summer changing to fall
and at one break a red-tailed hawk "buzzed" us. (The kids still talk about
that!)  This time I noticed the flowers and the shapes of the trees and the
different varieties. This time we watched the most awesome sunset from Blood
Mtn.

This weekend I will be "scouting" around Wesser and southbound towards Rufus
Morgan Shelter for a July raft trip/hike.  I'm not sure how fast I'll go but
I'll speak to anyone I see!  :-)

Charles