Re[3]: [at-l] Appalachian Trail: The Quick Way

Golly, You guys on this list are awfully sensitive. Lets just say I like leisurely hikes and some like
speed hikes. I could care less which way you hike. I sometimes have an opinion about how best to
enjoy the trail. Such opinions are what some think make a list interesting.

I certainly would be interested in how I misquoted MacKaye. I never talked to the man, but I've
heard the quote quoted many times. I had intended to use it in a book I'm writing. If it's wrong I'd
appreciate you telling me.

Allegedly MacKaye made the comment when someone claimed to have set a new speed record.

Weary '93