[at-l] Water treatment stories

I totally agree with you and have gotten close to following such a
rule, also. Crypto and Giardia are the biggest concerns, especially if
you are immune compromised. Chlorine _should_ be a bit better than
iodine, assuming you can keep it fresh and potent. Since chlorine is
more reactive, I'd expect this to be a tougher job. I carry Polar Pure
as much as a first aid measure (wound cleaner) as any water treatment.

I suspect that most GI events (I'd contend 70%+) on the trail are due
to hygiene involving food handling or tioleting (or both), but realize
it is impossible to prove such a claim.

Bill...