Re[4]: [at-l] Appalachian Trail: The Quick Way

 "Even this Southern boy's perception of New Jersey, although
buoyed by the area around Newark, was shattered by the beauty along and near
the trail," writes Tim.

During another life when I dealt with state wide environmental affairs, on a regular basis, I heard
hundreds argue that this or that law needed to be passed "or Maine will become just like New
Jersey."

I tended to agree and would quote such folks frequently. My strongest memories of my walk through
New Jersey is the recurring thought that "I ought to apologize."

Weary '93