[at-l] Horse trails

Jim,
Why keep it for another day?  Sometimes its good to have a good gripe
session.
I guess DCNR wants us hikers to volunteer to cut new trails for the horse
people.
Isn't it just amazing that we bust our patoots to make trails for hikers and
then
horses patoots with steel shoes come and bust them up?  Might bode ill to
the
future of the hiker volunteerism to cut and maintain hiking trails.
Just a second observation here-- our local rail/bike trail might as well be
called the horse donut /dog poop trail.  "Dodging donuts all the way"
(sounds like a song).
I like horses & dogs but I think their owners should repair the damage
including using large pooper scoopers.
Love to you both,
SLIM

DCNR doesn't have the money, manpower or desire to
build horse trails.
So now the MidState Trail Assoc. has closed those parts of the MidState
Trail and is recommending alternate routes.  And looking for trail reroutes
around the State Forest with the hiker-unfriendly Forester.

There's a lot more to be said about this - but it'll keep till another day -

Walk softly,
Jim