[at-l] Appalachian Trail: The Quick Way

1.   My good friends, Regis Shivers ( Buckeye ) and Mike Sandlin ( Too
Fast ) are presently doing the Appl. Trail the fast way.   They are
crewed by their wives and staying in hotels most of the time, tenting it
some of the time and staying in hostels part of the time.  They completed
their first week yesterday ( May 21) having covered 236 miles.   Today
they will be arriving in Hot Springs, N.C.   They are planning on
completing the A.T. in just over 65 days averaging just over 33 miles per
day.   I ran with them from Springer Mt. to Fontana Dam ( 163.5 miles )
during their first 5 days and they were doing great.   You may e-mail
them at   atadventures@aol.com

2.   Yesterday, May 21, Andrew Thompson ( Trail Dog ) starting on the
Appl. Trail at 3 p.m. and covered 20 miles the first day.  Andrew is
planning on doing it very fast and trying to break Pete Palmer's record
of just under 49 days.  Andrew will have to average over 44 miles per
day!!

To keep up with their progress check our website
http://www.extremeultrarunning.com

If you get a chance go out and meet them and run with them or give them a
cool drink and maybe some ice cream???

In Christ
David Horton