[at-l] A hiker's prayer...

This was posted on PCT-L...and it was too good not to
pass on.. Enjoy

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome,
dangerous, leading to the most awesome view.
May your rivers flow without end, meandering through
pastoral valleys tinkling with bells, past temples and
castles and poets’ towers into a dark primeval forest
where tigers belch and monkeys howl, through miasmal
and mysterious swamps and down into a desert of red
rock, blue mesas, domes and pinnacles and grottos of
endless stone, and down again into a deep vast ancient
unknown chasm where bars of sunlight blaze on profiled
cliffs, where deer walk across the white sand beaches,
where storms come and go as lightning clangs upon the
high crags, where something strange and more beautiful
and more full of wonder than your deepest dreams wait
for you – beyond the next turning of the canyon walls.

-Edward Abbey

=====