[at-l] Gear Advice ...

Well, I'd like to know what attracts you to those items. Is it the cost,
weight, reliability or color?

Stoves are interesting items, and I'd not rule out an alcohol stove given
the price and ease of making one yourself. The heavier petroleum based
stoves make sense in bad cold weather environments. The fact that repair
parts are so common might let you know something about reliability.

Water filters are another item also. Depending on how you drink water (from
a bag or from a bottle), you can reconsider in line filters with fewer
breakable parts for repair. Iodine works as does other bleaching agents.

What are your search criterion for these gear items?

OrangeBug