[at-l] TD questions

This was my first TD, hence I can only tell you my experience of this year.
They did not charge $10. They did leave a box for donations. I did the $10
donation and did not buy yet another T-shirt. The boxes for donations were
distributed during the talent show, and apparently $600+ was given by those
attending.

The police presence was well managed. Bikes and cars were apparent without
being intrusive. The only violence I noted was the ritualized warfare
between hikers and townies in the parade. There was public drinking by
those wise enough to use their Nalgene bottles, without a drunk and
disorderly situation. I hammocked on the island. There were many
interesting folks and smells. Among the smells was the water pressure was
cut to the toilets at the pool.

There was lots of camping around the Place, but the area next to the
Creeper was cordoned off as treated with herbicide. The poison ivy appeared
to be growing well, in spite of the attention. There looked to be a lot of
camping around Hobo Central, but by permission only. I understand there was
less camping in the area near the river and old mill due to construction
and vendor tents.

It was a good time, but far more social than educational from my aspect.
I'll probably go again.

OrangeBug