[at-l] Wingfoot & Saddleback

>From: Bob Cummings <ellen@clinic.net>
>
>Everyone I know who are familiar with such matters praised Wingfoot's
>method of creating personal messages from Saddleback supporters.

It is better to have tried and failed than to have sat idley by and done
nothing.  However, before we build a statue in his honor consider the fact
that WF probably alienates more people than he enlists to protect the trail.

Trailplace is unparalled in its configuration and popularity for providing
information to those planning a hike on the AT.  As a result he has an
extraordinary opportunity to get people involved. Unfortunately, IMO, he
loses the opportunity because of his attitude.  If he really cared more for
the trail than his own legacy then he would change his attitude.

Instead, he blames his problems on those who disagree with him and is
reconfiguring his website to silence, through moderation, everyone who does
not agree with him.  He believes this is the way to build support for his
views and in the end "save" the trail.

Dachs