[at-l] day hike

on a small day hike on my old haunt the SUPER flat C&O Canal around great
falls area north toward swains lock where i can wak blind folded through the
rocks and river side there cause i have been there so much long ago having
got bored with the trail started further exploration. rocks, cliffs, caves,
swamps, streams all sorts of fun stuf to explore. no maps no campus no
nothing i know wha tteh bounders of the area are and i can freely walk in
there with no pack jsut some water.  i know a way on island in teh middle of
the rageing river with a peaceful lake jsut perced in rocks with luke warm
waters from suns heat and dead fish... ah that island with no name that no
one goes to. and everything jsut a nice place to play and sit and watch the
kayakers. I love standing on top of those rocks with the winds rollign down
the river valley buffeting my face and hair. but today i was walkgin on teh
trail and jsut meandering along watchign turtles and fish and then I was
sitting in a field of grass and i experienced that moment of pureness for
lack of a better word.  i have not got that moment in a while.. i was jsut
sitting there the conversation between my friend and me lulled to a
comfortable silence and i was jsut watching the wind blow dust and the grass
wave and the water ripple and it was all forgotten for a moment as i jsut
sat there..... it was great! i wish i got that everytime i went out. it was
hard to talk with any conversation after that and my firend eventually fell
into an uncmfortabel silence as he is not able to reach that state yet.

you are not happy but not sad you are not even there... jsut experienceing
the raw moment. it is a neat feeling.  the last time i go that was a long
long time ago..nothign else exists no work no school no pain no hunger no
feeling just sitting there not doing anything..after a moment liek that you
truely become introspective for the rest of the day or at least until work
and school and the 1000s of other worries final catch up with you. wednesday
what a great day for a hike no one else is out they are all at work.  sigh
now i got finals then work and no more relaxing weekdays jsut hectic work
weeks and hectic weekends.
i can feel the feeling fading even farther away now as i sit and type this.

just thought I woudl like to share.

Wisperlight