[at-l] Multiple Ryans!

Clarification below:

Ryan Brooks is me. (now don't confuse me with Felix).   I'm the guy who runs
the computer, software and network that hosts the lists-  I prefer to think
of the subscribers as the "owners" per se.  Milt and the other list admins
help out as greatly as well.

In any case, I was probably a bit quick with my short email the other day,
so allow me to clarify:

- I meant to have said "moderate the thread", not the entire list.

A few folks have asked me what "moderate" means, in Internet parlance.
Basically, if I "moderate" a list, I have to individually approve postings
before they go out to the list at large.   In this case,  I was proposing
moderating only posts with a particular subject matter, in an attempt to at
least calm tempers and slow down the flame war.*

In any case, things have hopefully (please) slowed down of their own accord,
as they usually do.

Please feel free to privately email me with any questions/concerns.

Thanks,

*- Tip of the day.  (I use this about once per day at work).   If you strike
up a quick response to an email that strikes a personal nerve, wait 10
minutes before pressing that Send button and reread.   This has probably
saved me a few times here at the office.