[at-l] SOBO vs NOBO

Why is there a higher percentage of  SOBO finishers than NOBOers?
IMHO I believe it is mental.  Once you have Maine finished you've done the
physically hardest part of the trail.  NH is next most difficult IMO so it
is easier mentally to believe that it gets easier from here.  I think too,
that when you start in Maine you know what you are up against immediately
and you find the strength to go because the wilderness experience is so
grand there.
SLIM of Bogey and Slim