[at-l] Itinerary and Some Questions

Pittsia meant the Franklin Motel (very hiker friendly, but the Microtel is
close to AYCE Shoneys). Say "Hi!" to the ladies at the diner across the
street from Franklin Motel. I love them dearly.

BTW, his mileage and butt-kicking estimates should be taken literally.
Ignore the shelter at Gooch Gap. You might want a quick resupply at Neels
Gap, and allow yourself some slack on mileage the next few days. Consider a
road walk between Tesnatee and Hogpen Gaps. These PUDS are really good for
8 to12 mile days unless you are in good shape. If you are in very good
shape, your hike could be only 14 days or less. If you can allow a budget
for 8 -10 miles per day, you will have enough wiggle room that you won't be
as likely to get caught in the trap of fussing with your schedule instead
of enjoying your hike.

BTW, the PO in Franklin is at least close to the ABC store (if I remember
correctly). Avoid both.

OrangeBug