[at-l] Re: Grandfather Washington

>You may be right - but the only way to be even "reasonably" sure is to
>email Kinney Baughman and ask what numbers the program actually >uses.

Kinny Baughman's program is really cool.  You can find the number for April
by visiting

http://porter.appstate.edu/gf/cgi/summary.cgi?MONTH=04&YEAR=2001

You can see all 30 numbers which have been averaged together.  Each of these
numbers corresponds to a specific day of the month.   Check it out.   Unless
you reasonably believe that the AVERAGE wind speed for April 16 could have
been 126MPH, then I think you will come to the same conclusion as I have.

>Hmmm - "just the average windspeed on Washington" ????   Why do you think
>"average" means something different for Washington than it does >for
>Grandfather?

Because the schools are better in NH?

Seriously, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the chart or program
developed by Kinny Baughman.  Everything is labeled correctly if not
clearly.  You just need to be careful in interpreting that data.