[at-l] Conservation/Preservation Buyers

Matt--

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/protect/index.html

The Regional office in your area also has a staff person dedicated to
this job, who is familiar with local issues and opportunities.

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/about/atc/contact.html

ATC Land Trust offers a number of ways to help protect the trail from
outright purchase of corridor-adjoining property, to purchasing
conservation easements on viewshed property near the trail.  There
are many options including info on tax reduction and estate planning.
I think there is a blurb in the latest issue of the ATN.  (And also a
nice article featuring listers describing the trials and tribulations
of hiker support).

Tim, despite reports to the contrary, I have not succumbed to either
the Farifax or the Boston variant of hikers crud....Gary, sorry to
hear you had to bail, and yes you could have called....save the Jug
End trip for the fall when the leaves have turned and the bugs are
dead.

Cosmo