[at-l] damascus,va to rockfish gap, va

I know the section from the Mile 51 crossing on the Blue Ridge Parkway
north to Rockfish Gap. I'd compare it to North Georgia with plenty of PUDS,
and several interesting climbs. The walk up Bald Mt to Cold Mt (roughly 4-6
miles north of US 60) has little water convenient to the trail. The section
below the Parkway north of Mul-Har(?) shelter (past the 3 Ridges) is level
but boulder strewn. It was not a successful 27 mile section (Tye River to
RFG) for the HATT hiker in 3 days. I'd call it moderately rugged and well
worth walking again.

OrangeBug