[at-l] communications

With cell communication technology, it all depends on where your phone finds the tower. Peaks are good in that you get a line of sight to a cell tower. On the other hand, radio waves bounce around like light does, so you can wind up in a cove with great reception and then turn a corner 10 yards down the trail and lose it completely.