[at-l] Trip Report #3

Hiked to Gooch Gap Shelter.  On the way stopped at Justus Creek.  It was
really nice.  Mark, his mother and their dog (Skeeter), Ve Ve , Surfer dude
and I all had dinner and filtered water and took a good long break.  It was
what back packing is all about.  Going up from Blackwell Creek I realized I
had lost my water bottle.  I now had to drink from a 2 liter Platypus.  We
made it up the long and steep approach trail to the shelter. We were setting
around the shelter and up walks Ve Ve caring my water bottle.  Not only did
she carry it; it was still full of water.  (There aint much water at the
steam just before Gooch Gap)  She hiked on. . About an hour later Surfer dude
said he was going for a walk to see who was at the road just beyond the
shelter.  About 30 minutes later he comes back with 2 cokes and 2 candy bars.
 He had yogied them from some car campers.  He said he never asked for them
just told how much he missed them since being on the trail. I think he may
make a hiker yet.

Trip Report #4 to follow

Clyde

multipart/alternative