[at-l] Re: Shuttle

   I guess I should start this report by saying that I will not be thru
hiking this year.  My daughter is getting married and I can't afford to take
6 months off and pay for a wedding too.  She is a very special kid and told
me she would wait for me to return if it meant I would never go.  She made me
promise I would go next year.  She is marrying a good kid that is a "surfer
dude," but still a good kid.

     I had planned a short hike just to test all my final gear choices for
this past weekend.  The "surfer dude" said he wanted to go with me.  So here
is the report from Clyde and "Surfer Dude."

     We arrived at Goose Creek Cabins about 1 A.M. Keith had left our key in
the door.  We stayed in Cabin #7.  It brought back some good memories of
eating breakfast in Orangebug's cabin at the Ga. Ruck.  Joyce Tree and her
friend Debbie picked us up at 9:00.  They were great.  I am scared to death
riding in the mountains and Debbie drove slow enough to not scare me.  A
64-year-old woman and her son with a large dog rode with us.  We stopped at a
store in Suches and got last minute supplies and then went to USFS 42.

Trip Report #2 will follow

Clyde

multipart/alternative
  text/html