[at-l] need sleeping bag advice

Used an FF Hummingbird w/Dryloft shell for my  entire
thru-hike.

I indeed found down to have a greater temp. range than
synthetic. The only caveat about an FF bag is that
their temp. ratings are rather liberal. (For me, their
20F bag is more like an 30F)  I strongly suggest if
you go with an FF bag, you opt for the 2 oz. of
overfill. The bags are finely crafted, just not warm
enough for this cold sleeper.

For me, I think I would have been better off with a
Western Moutaineering bag..which is also finely
crafted, but I have heard they are more conservative
with their temp. ratings.

After this season, plan on adding more down to the
bag. We'll see how well it works in 2002 for another
(hopefully!) long walk...

Mags

=====