[at-l] Re: Memorial Weekend Query

In a message dated 5/3/2001 11:05:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
adufresne@carnegiehall.org writes:

> I have about eight people getting together from Friday PM to Monday AM
> Memorial Weekend of all different backpacking experiences and physical
> fitness levels.  We've decided that having a base camp site area and each
> structuring each's own day hike makes the most sense for our diverse group.
>

> We are all either in New York City or Philadelphia.  Any recommendations on
> which area of the trail might suit our purposes, ie, within three hours of
> both cities?  Three of us are experienced in the Rockies but know nothing
> about the East Coast and have not purchased the guides as of yet.  Any
> thoughts on great stretches of the trail in this area would be appreciated.

There a so many good places, but perhaps Mohican Outdoor Center in NJ run by
the AMC may make the best base camp.  Close to Delaware Water Gap NRA and
Sunfish Pond, it's also in a area where you may see some black bear!

 <A HREF="http://www.mohicanoutdoorcenter.com/";>AMC Mohican Outdoor Center</A>

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html