[at-l] More on water bottles

I recently reported on plastic beer bottles and their possible use as
water bottles.  One thing that is important is strength and durability.
I ran a little experiment on these bottles.  I filled one full and
dropped it onto a concrete sidewalk from a height of about six feet.  I
dropped it with the top down so it would land on the cap, which I
thought was the most fragile. The top shattered.  The top is made of a
different material (harder, less "bendable") than the body of the
bottle.  This is not to recommened that these bottles, but to indicate
that they do require some care.
--
James P. Lynch
jplynch@crosslink.net