[at-l] Weird Email (WARNING - off topic question)

>> What I wondered was whether an email address is an alias for a numerical
address (like the URL is an alias for the IP address) and if so, could the
routing be messed up by a mis-translation in a DNS server (or its SMTP
equivalent).  But I guess the answer is "No". <<

Yes the answer is no. The only alias part of the address is the domain name.
The rest is a user name (valid or invalid). Unfortunately spam appears to be
here to stay. My suggestion is to just delete it and not read it.

Especially those emails that don't have your name in the To: line. Software
filters sometimes work, but can also toss valid emails.

Don't expect the latest round of legislation to have much effect on the
amount of spam you'll receive daily. I'm now up to about 30 to 50 pieces per
day. More than the junk mail in my mail box.

Don't use the remove feature unless it's to a legit mailing list you joined
up to. It is simply used to validate they've got a valid email address so it
can be sold to someone else.

Ron
Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
http://www.fallingwater.com/