Some quick spicy thoughts was Re: [at-l] Olive Oil Packets

--- hopefl@juno.com wrote:
> Good idea. I've been modifying my trail food by adding more spice,
> crushed pepper, oil, LA brand hot sauce, curry powder, etc. <snip>
> A little hot spice goes a long way so only small amounts have to be
> packed. I wish I could find the LA brand hot sauce in powder form...

### I might glibly say that the hot sauce is mostly cayenne and salt,
after the vinegar is removed....

### Last summer I packed white pepper (used in a lot of asian cooking),
instead of black. Then combined 'em. Joy and Love.

### This fall I found a gallon bag of the hot peppers that grace Chinese
food, *dried*. $4.95 at a local grocer. I use 'em regularly, and have
barely dented the bag. They go even *better* in hiker fare than at home!!!
And they weigh NOTHING. Joy and Love and Sweat.

(I better go before things get outta hand. So to speak.)
Sloetoe