[at-l] e Sharp TM 20s can you touch type on them

At 03:13 PM 4/30/01 -0400, Drake, Russ SKCS wrote:

>   Not to fan the flame but I too bring a cell phone for emergencies (by
> request of my wife) when I bring the kids along.  On my daughter's first
> backpacking trip she got homesick something awful and I broke out the
> phone so she could talk with mom and her kitty and I have to admit it may
> not be an emergency in many hikers eyes but to her it was and it saved
> the hike and made all of our  time more enjoyable.  If discretion is used
> I see no issues, to me it is an additional piece of hiking gear no worse
> than GPS, Binoculars, or Hiking poles... Not actually necessary but nice
> to have if you need it.  To keep on subject, what ever happened to "Hike
> your own Hike"?  What is it to another hiker if she brings a palm
> pilot?  I think that is less intrusive then when I was at a shelter and
> some hikers were listening to a radio....  I have to agree with Sherrie.....
>
>   Now, I am ducking for cover awaiting the barrage...

The only time I've ever been disturbed by cell phone use while hiking was
the beautiful fall day I arrived at the summit of Cascade Mountain to meet
a fellow making a cell phone call to say (loudly) "You'll never guess where
I'm calling from". I've heard that that is the most common phrase in cell
phone conversations. I'm not sure how they monitored calls to determine
that. I didn't freak, but did give him a rather cold glare. Cell phones are
not evil but some users are (how shall I put this?) 'tacky'.

Saunterer