[at-l] Sharp TM-20s: can you touch type on them?

Is the use of these kinds of devices condoned on the trail?  This is not
meant as a debate starter where a bunch of folks come back with a "there's
no law" or "hike your own hike" response.  I was wondering how people feel
about using high tech gadgets on the trail.  I, for one, have stopped
carrying a cell phone as it may result in the reduction of the detachment
from civilization experience that I believe time on the trail is all about.
Just wondering how the rest of the posters feel.

Dachs