[at-l] Answer maybe to How crowded has June 15th been at Katahdin lately?

> I haven't set a firm starting date yet, but I hope to start making
detailed plans next week.

> At one time Dan had a registry for hopefuls on Trailplace, but I haven't
seen it lately.

> Question for former MEGAs: How crowded has June 15th been at Katahdin
lately?

i believe if i remeber corectly i started on july 11th and i was at the end
of the flock ... a few scattered peopel started after me and blew pass me
running down down the trail...  i also did not make it to GA yet. it was
DAMN cold by the time i got to Mass and it was cold down in my home state of
Maryland when i got home .... the one thing i wished was i had started about
3 weeks early. the NOBOers where telling me of a flock of SOBOers BUT!!! as
you will find out things you here on the trail are not always true. stories
are streched to massive proportions and tall tales are told in good fun.  i
enjoyed it alot. it added alot of character.

when i can get it goign again i would like to try for it again and again
until i make it ... but right now i really need to worry about school :(

that reminds me for some reasons of:
only one person guessed why felix gave me the name wisperlight
 his name was Screamer.  a said to be nut job that i thought was very very
normal )but i was told he had got better what ever that means) i found him
to be a pleasent person to sit with for a while .. he ate lunch and i ate a
few snacks and we parted.
he said "WISPERLIGHT HUH? WE ARE LIKE POLAR OPPOSITES" as he lived up to his
name quite well.  he alwasy seemed to be talkin VERY VERY LOUD!!!.  but he
was super friendly..  also i saw Niblewill Nomad (hope i spelt his name
right i always get it all mixed up)   on Katadin (or think i did) then i saw
him at the new LL BEAN shelter in the wilderness by this great littel stream
with this neato lookign red fungis in it. (he had broke his hand if i
remeber right so i passed him whiel he was in the hospital)...   and saw him
once again at the pie ladies house in Monson where he was laided up doign
some paperwork for his book(the only reason i caught him as i was visiting a
friend i had made on the trail who was also stayign at pie ladies) and he
offered to give me his sleeping bag..  the first act of kindness that slowly
brought back my faith in the human race. which was completly destoryed from
living way to close to city folk and suburiats (which i am sad to say that i
am one of )

ah ask me about the barbeque place of monson sometime.

ramblin' on again

Wisperlight