[at-l] Power Bar Recipe

One good source for Granola bar recipes is the Backpacking magazine's
website. They publish their back issues on the web, and had a good series
about 2 years ago. Liz makes a terrific granola/cookie sort of thing. If
not enough oil added, it crumbles and lives in a baggie. If it stays
intact, wrap it up in plastic wrap (part of my first aid kit for burns) and
eat a bit more conveniently.

Essentially any cereal or grain or seed (I wouldn't try rice - except Rice
Krispies) can be used with syrup and oil as a cooking and cementing agent.
Egg turns it into an official cookie. My personal favorite is oatmeal,
possibly from ancient Scotish genes lurking as I seek to wander the
highlands in search of the perfect single malt and freedom from English
oppression.

OrangeBug