[at-l] gear

Mark Hudson wrote:
>http://www.northernmountain.com/
>
>Black Diamond Ascent Fllicklock trekking poles for $70. Dana Designs
>external frame packs (heavy, 6 lbs plus) for 70 % off...
>If anyone would like me to forward the e-mail "flyer" let me know,
>there are some other good deals in there too. No, I don't work for them
><g>.

Mark -
Keep in mind that a couple years ago Black Diamond wouldn't back up their
trekking poles with respect to thruhikes.  I think they said they didn't
make them to take that kind of abuse.

Our (cheap) pair of Lekis lasted over 6000 miles (we each use one).  Of
course, they're totally trashed now - and probably not even repairable. Mine
made the last 200 miles courtesy of duct tape.

We picked up a pair of Komperdells at REI a couple months ago for $39.
We'll see how long they last.

Walk softly,
Jim