[at-l] weekend hiking...

Nice weekend up here (or down here) in Pennsylvania.  I hiked Saturday from
PA309 to Bake Oven Knob Road, yogi'ing a ride back with a maintainer.  I
hiked Sunday from Hawk Mountain Road to Pinnacle, then another mile south,
then a blue blaze loop back to the AT north of the Pinnacle, then back to
Hawk Mountain Road...

There were horses and horse cr*p on the trail, and bicycles, and many
unleashed dogs, and unauthorized campsites - and trash, trash, trash at the
pinnacle.  Much work needs to be done along this high use section of the
trail.  I sent emails to the ATC, the Blue Mountain Eagle trail club, the
National Park Service, PA Game Lands Commission, and the Borough of Hamburg
(whose watershed this portion of the trail goes through)...

I got burnt to a crisp, for the second time this year.  Got to love it...

pittsia the crispy