[at-l] OT......COMPUTER WOES..UPDATE

Well I have tried everything that everyone suggested....no luck!
But tremendous thanks to everyone who tried!!!!!  I really mean that.

Bought a new printer and get the same error.
Tried it on the other port and same deal.
So I guess the consensus is that Windows is wacked.
My question is....should I even try the reinstall or should
I just wipe it and start anew?

There is a lot of junk on the hard drive...partial stuff from uninstalls and
stuff that goes no where.

Have found a place to park my files.

Actually did wipe a computer once..the third day I had my
first computer, guided by a very nice techdesker.  Of course,
being day three, there was nothing there that wasn't on the product CD.

Now I have tons of programs (some of which I love and are no longer
available) some are "loaners"  or I bought them from the web
with no CD...duh....  Plus this puter did not come with a product CD.
All I have is windows......nothing else!  Note to self (don't fall for that again)

If I copy the program folders into my storage space, can I just move it back
onto my computer under program files, when I'm done?  Or would they have to be reinsalled?
There are lots of them with no install.exe <sigh>

Finally, any tips for a successful wiping?  I think I may invest in a bottle
of bubbly to celebrate if this goes well and a bottle of Yukon Jack if it doesn't <g>.

Man...hours and hours of wandering thru my HD.....the stuff you collect over the
years!  Somebody tell me how I got 88 files with Feelix in the title <g>.