[at-l] weekend

Weekend: Made it out on the Ct section of the AT this weekend, south from
Rt 4 along the Houstanic, and over St Johns Ledges to spend the night at Mt
Algo. Not the most "wilderness" section of trail, but very bucolic and
peaceful. Met Black Wolf along the river walk, got into the at-l list "I'll
show you my stove if you show me yours" gear discussion <g>. One couple
from the at-l, pct-l, et al (sorry, really bad with names) tarping at the
shelter, checking out gear for their upcoming southbound PCT hike. The tarp
got a good bit of rain testing overnight and passed with good reviews, but
apparently the lightweight "sleep system" didn't allow much sleep and will
probably be traded for real sleeping bags.
I said I would post upcoming weekend hikes to the list, and will apoligize
to anyone who hoped to come along, but the whole weekend hung on a phone
call, my sister was due last week (now overdue), and if the phone call came
I was expected to be the dog sitter. No phone call yet... looking forward
to being an uncle and dragging the little rug rat out hiking, already
bought a pair of size 2 hiking boots....

skeeter