[at-l] chinese FOOD

Chiming in a bit late on this one.  There is a Chinese Take-Out place near
the AT Railroad stop in Pawling.

I had stopped at this strip mall on my way to seeing Datto (at Telephone
Pioneers Shelter) last year.  My intentions were to buy pizza.  As I stood
there, however, it occurred to me that I'd brought pizza to RPH the night
before, so that would have been boring.....  'Noticed the Chinese place and
thought, "hey...Why not?"  I bought eggrolls -- since I thought they'd be the
most pack-in'able.  Turned out eggrolls are among Datto's all-time fave
foods.  ;-)

Instead of heading south on Rte 22 (to Tony's Deli), head north.  Tony's is
only .7 of a mile south and I'm guessing that the Chinese place is about 3 to
4 miles north.  If you're craving Chinese food, however....and besides,
scoring a ride on Route 22 is pretty easy to do.  There's also a convenience
store at this strip mall, so it could double as a supply stop.

Indian food?  Yum, my favorite.  There are bound to be others closer, but I
know for sure that a really great one is up here in Poughkeepsie --
extraordinary vegetarian selections!  (All the local Indians eat here.)
There's coincidentally also an AYCE Chinese restaurant at this mall (or is it
the one across the street?  -'can't recall.)   Accessible only by car hitch
for a hiker, unfortunately.  Straight up Route 9 to the Poughkeepie Plaza
Mall.  You'd have to have a mighty craving for it, however, cuz I'm guessing
it's about 30 miles north of the Peekskill crossing. I'd offer a shuttle, but
I'm not gonna be here when the hikers come through; I'll be a hiker, myself!
:-)

For those determined to go to NYC and are looking for the Indian restaurants:
 they're to be found all over the lower eastside -- in the 20's blocks,
around 2nd and 3rd Avenues.  You'll find one on practically every corner in
that section of NYC.

Ready