[at-l] Trip report

Well, not that much of a trip. I did get out Saturday morning. Up ar
4:41 AM, dark drive to Wardensville, WV, then back roads to the Waite
Run crossing of the Tuscarora Trail. Up a rocky 1200 feet past Terrapin
Spring. No critters. No leaves. Lots of WV rocks. Balmy 62 - 68 degrees.
Heard turkeys gobbling on the ridge near the County Line Junction. Then
down 1200 feet, back over the rocks to the car. New boots now have 35
trail miles on them.

Drove to the US 55 crossing, parked, and another 3 1/2 miles of
Tuscarora Trail to Hawk Camp. Past a Microwave relay, down past a HUGE
clearcut just off the trail :(. Rain on the way back, dropped 10 degrees
to 58 in 30 minutes. Good views none the less. 14 miles daypacking, 2200
feet of climb - good conditioning for my first section hike, which is
only two weeks away now.

All in all, despite the rain, a good day. Spent the rest of the day
studying maps ;)

- Gary from Fairfax