Confusiing trail designations WAS [at-l] Re: [pct-l] At the southern terminus

-----Original Message-----
From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
RoksnRoots@aol.com

>> But the basic fault is that people would have to indicate exactly which
>>one they were talking about every time and it would get tiring...

Another one that can get confusing is the IAT.  Would that be the
International Appalachian Trail or the Ice Age Trail? (Of course, if you say
it in French the SIA (which the Int. AT is known as in Quebec)  is not as
confusing as whatever the Ice Age Trail is known as in French. :-)  )

Mags (who had to take two years of French in Catholic School. but who can
only remember to say a teeny, tiny bit of religious terms...)

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
--Thoreau

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!