[at-l] PA Snake

While hiking today I encountered a big ol' snake (30 inches - big to me) on the trail just north of Little Gap.  It was a beautiful snake with a very distinct pattern.  I am new to the east coast and have never seen anything like it.  After searching the internet I found a page that indicated that it was probably an eastern hognose.  The identifying trait was that it kept flattening out its body just behind its head in a cobra like fashion.  Does anyone know if the Eastern Hognose is common to this area?  DO you know if other snakes common to the area do the cobra immitation?  Thanks.

Dachs

http://explorer.msn.com

text/html (html body -- converted)
---