[at-l] Ill-Advised Personal Attacks

In a message dated 4/20/01 7:14:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=20
OIdMaster@aol.com writes:

<< He showed up trolling the=20
 ALDHA-L a while ago insulting the people who live and work around=20
 Saddleback.=20
 What was it that you called them, R&R? Brownshirts, and gullible desperate=20
 shills, wasn't it?>>
=20
 =A0 To begin, ALDHA-L is archived, R&R said what I say he said. Methinks th=
e=20
 lady doth protest too much. To conclude, R&R was so primed to attack TJ he=20
 didn't notice to whom he was responding.=20
  Obviously R&R came to this campfire packing an agenda. >>

   R&R: I sense that this probably can't be received in this forum the way I=
=20
intended due to a weird room contract of say nothing uncomfortable or be set=
=20
upon by persons who think they reflect the Trail's frolicking 'magic' but=20
actually are practicing bad magic of a tribal variety that borders on cult.=20
Like cuddly Trail gnomes who, when encountered, become ravenous flesh-eating=
=20
gremlin devils with sharp teeth and a pack instinct. I almost think a certai=
n=20
other site is more tolerant in this regard.=20

    This traveller is wise and experienced and has tracked the murky wood.=20
First swooped on by Spiritschmeegle, then set upon by the pack. The seeker=20
sees "AT" listed and enters but then realizes he is in Sheelob's web. An Old=
=20
Master who has been around the dark wood too long shouts out to the others=20
that there comes one from the forbidden place who Trolls in for trouble. One=
=20
who has attacked the trodden townspeople. Partly possessed by the wood, the=20
elves buzz mystical shibboleths through the dank mossy limbs. The ring makes=
=20
him invisible, not by sight, but by making those blinded by its power remove=
=20
themselves from his passing. It clears the path with them doing the work. Th=
e=20
ring is wise indeed.

     I assume, since my post was even glanced by someone, that some of what=20=
I=20
said has sunk in a little allowing me to be an attackable Troll instead of a=
=20
just plain ignorable one. I see slow uphill progress here, good.

    On the Saddleback comment: If you would have the simple decency to allow=
=20
me to explain that statement I would be glad to respond. First, I think it=20
slightly dubious that someone would choose to shadowlurk and offer something=
=20
to make me look bad that is clearly out of context and being used in a=20
predatory way. That is rather bad form I would say. Kind of like a smearing=20
somebody with tuna oil in the woods or evidence tampering or such. You can=20
throw garbage all over me if you feel the urge, but don't turn around and=20
call the attention of others and say, "look at this trash covered bum!", tha=
t=20
would be sort of unscrupulous or dishonest.

    If you read that statement carefully instead of reacting to it you would=
=20
see that it is not an attack on the townspeople, but an attack on the "Wise=20
Use" people who used them to make a land grabber very rich by holding the AT=
=20
for ransom. The people I was referring to said some very contemptuous things=
=20
about the AT and its users. Most of them were based on ignorant stereotypes=20
and Wise Use propaganda. In the end it was motivated by $. I know it is=20
popular to give a partial account of what was said in this room, but let's b=
e=20
honest. The AT did not undergo a decent process up there on Saddleback and=20
did not come out well. The man who worked that fix managed pretty well. How=20
you could, as an AT interested site member, come down on the side of that an=
d=20
against somebody who pointed it out is beyond me? To deem my heartfelt=20
concerns as "trolling ALDHA", as if I was some kind of pranker or punk=20
looking for shots is woefully underneath what I intended and shows that my=20
purpose somehow evaded you. But I guess if you were so eager to expose troll=
s=20
you might have missed the seriousness of what I was saying. If anything, I=20
think you doth protestest too little...

   The insult at Saddleback was to the AT, not to the townsfolk. I would=20
welcome you to bring that entire archive up anytime in its entirety so the=20
complete message can be seen instead of only the parts that work for your=20
intention of character assassination.

   And yes, I like to think that I do carry a heavy agenda wherever I go. An=
d=20
if you ever took notice, the AT is a heavy one too.=20

   =20
   =20

    =20