[at-l] Amazing Tin Can Stove

> >Tincanman blessed me with one of his contraptions, too. What do you use to
> > hold your pot above the flames? I tried the tent stakes, but I'm not
clever
> > enough to make that work. Mrs TJ tinsnipped dryer vent leftovers into a
sorta
> > windscreenpotholderupper. Worked OK, but is rather unstable. I'd like to
hear
> > what others are doing!
> > thanks
> > TJ

We used the Amazing Tin Can Stove successfully last week.  To support the
pot, I used 3 or 4 rocks which supported the pot less than an inch above the
top of the stove.  We rested the windscreen from an MSR stove on the rocks,
as well.  This worked well, but would it have been better if the windscreen
had shielded the flame as well as the pot.

The last two days we used the Triangia stove, with its own stove stand with
three interlocking pieces.  Cooking time was reduced because the windscreen
rested on the ground, and shielded the flame and the pot.  For a small pot of
about 3/4 quart, boiling time was 8 minutes.

Firestarter

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---