[at-l] Re: [at-l]Asian food (was: Chinese food)

In a message dated 4/19/2001 3:23:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ATnavi@aol.com
writes:

> Anyone know of any Indian restaurants near the trail? David? Sly?

I can't honestly say as I do Navi, but if you catch the train, from the
trail, into the Big Apple, I bet you could find one there!  Perhaps EZ
knows....  a little curry could turn a lipton's something similar.

There is a native Indian restaurant here, but I haven't checked it out yet.

By the way, in case you didn't know, I fell ten miles short of India on my
attempted overland trip to Nepal, so I've never tasted authentic, although I
think I had the Pakistan version.  Which brings me to failed attempts and
whether they are successful or not?  Of course they are, to me anyway, yada
yada, it's not the destination, it's the journey.  I had an incredible time
during my travels, such a wonderful adventure, that holds many fond memories.
 I was saddened when I recently read the Taliban destroyed the ancient
Buddhist statues at Bamiyan.  Sorry to rant, but for the longest time, I
considered Afghanistan my second home.

OK, forget that, not reaching that destination I had my heart set on and
unable to retrace my steps cuz it's not likely to be able to travel through
Iran and Afghanistan for the foreseeable future, I have a new plan.  An
overland trip through eastern Europe, Russian, the republics and China to
Katmandu.

Anyway, in the meantime, I'm looking for a place with a good double
cheeseburger and fries on the Continental Divide, know of any?  I'm hungry!

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---