[at-l] Re: New Thread FOOD what did you eat

OK, not a thru hiker - long sections (and the rest of it, and probably my favorite parts of VA again
as well as GA because it's short;; parts of NY because it's probably too much bother to skip, later
this year) - I'll put my two cents in.

Going cold. I cna't imagine doing that.

I'm very happy with my basic 4 dinners.
speghetti and meatballs, potato lentil soup, potato chowder, omelets. The latter three get various
things added to them as whim moves me.  I have a variety of other options that get thrown in now and
then too. For breakfast I think I can be happy with pop tarts and some typ eof oatmeal as long as
the latter has plenty of good flavors like cinamon, brown sugar, apples, and so on. Lunch is, in
some ways, the tough one. I really am not a PB&J fan. Those pre-mixed PB&J really don't agree with
me (I felt odd after trying one once). I'll eat some PB&J though. I prefer cheese, summer sausage,
snack foods, and on cool days hot soups.

While I don't think I'd carry my Bakepacker on a through hike i I did things would really open up in
the eating department. While the BP itself doesn't add that much weight I'd have to bring a bigger
pot and use more fuel (probably a different stove from my alcohol one).  I'll probably put it in my
bounce box though so I can have it for the week of my birthday and can make myself a cake whiloe on
the trail.

  ** Ken **

ps- I know of at least one company that is selling egg salad mix now. I'm going to trry this. I'm
really curious. I can think of ways that this could be carried, but the mayo is a toughie unless
they're prepacking that in vacuum sealed packets with real mayo (don't know).

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **