[at-l] Ill-Advised Personal Attacks

In a message dated 4/18/01 3:30:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
OIdMaster@aol.com writes:

<<  I've read R&R's postings on the ATML. I agree that they're irrelevant. TP
is
 truely the proper medium for most of his crap. He showed up trolling the
 ALDHA-L a while ago insulting the people who live and work around
Saddleback.
 What was it that you called them, R&R? Brownshirts, and gullible desperate
 shills, wasn't it?
  By the way, I subscribe to ATML from my work address, and haven't seen an
 email in over a week. Did the IRS finally figure out what the 'Center For AT
 Studies' really was?
 OldMaster (Trolling for Trolls)
 oidmaster@aol.com >>

    *** This is just the desperate attempt of a person who isn't beneath
assuming the role being a site snitch or sh*t slinger and doesn't feel
embarrassed or uncouth using an outright broadside to try and defame a person
due to un-credible personal grudge. Or sneaking around making bogus attempts
to expose someone for obviously contemptible reasons.

    Because TJ had some debates with me where he obviously didn't feel
satisfaction it looks like he now feels the need to malign me in public, how
pathetic. His sassy comebacks are self-embarrassing and unfortunately the
best he can do. I believe most people on these forums to be above this petty
level of scurrilous vindictiveness. It appears old TJ doesn't realize when he
has had his snout cleaned and still insists on nipping at the pantleg.

   I resent being depicted as a troll or somebody who doesn't quite live up
to the level of the forum. Perhaps this is more likely the result of the
poster not being able to comprehend or digest strong points. In any case,
running around like a site nebbish and making an effort to gain public
disapproval for an adversary is kind of nebulous and kind of makes the
perpetrator appear like a petty crank.

     I can stick to forum topics or decorum anytime. I tend to like my
debates undiluted, direct and strong and like to think I have the personal
strength to understand others strong feelings and react maturely. If others
would prefer a more civil approach I can respect them and accommodate that
-but I find that that usually comes up as an evasion. One thing I would never
resort to, however, is the cheap slander directed at me here and hope I never
lose the ability to see what it would make me look like in doing. I won't
pain the site members with anymore silly personal snits like this one, but I
felt a need to indicate the source.

     Please refrain from this sort of foolishness. It is one of the few
things I would consider worth censoring.