[at-l] Troll Season on A.T.

But Red, you left out the next verse:

He'd forgot a lad with a taste for Troll
Should a cauldron fill till it boil and roll,
Add carrots and peas (and taters please)
Then add the Troll and simmer.
Skim her! Swim her!
Stone soup is the right recipe for Troll,
When you've plenty of time for dinner.

--Rhymin' Worm
(A Tolkien fanatic from way back)

DaRedhead@aol.com wrote:
> Wasn't it Bilbo Baggins who wrote something like
"But harder than stone is the flesh and bone
Of a troll that sits in the hills alone.
As well set your boot to the mountain's root,
For the seat of a troll don't feel it.
Peel it! Heal it!
Old Troll laughed, when he heard Tom groan,
And he knew his toes could feel it."

Okay, maybe it was Tolkien, but still - I don't think I want to go eating something that tough ;)