[at-l] Last China Post - It Is AT Related (please read)

In a message dated 4/17/01 11:43:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:

<<  If you've got something to say that doesn't paint the Chinese as
  innocents >>

    One last parting summation:

    Which is the same thing as saying, "we are really only interested in that
which makes China appear guilty." Who is lacking in objectivity? I find a
lack of point for point comment on my posts telling. I interpret it as the
points not being answerable.

    To resort to dubious threats of blacklisting or ostracizing because solid
points were made is somewhat petty. I could understand if a person was so
upset with the false nature of a post that they felt no comment was deserved
- but it always leaves open the possibility that the excluder is avoiding
confronting the truth as shown and is using banning or shunning as a cop-out.
This sort of brings us back to hypocrisy and using the tactics of the enemy
you are criticizing. Somebody said that in China "the nail that stands gets
hammered." Have I stood on AT-L and gotten 'hammered' too? (or just ignored?)
[water torture] :)

    If find it interesting that a poster making a recklessly irresponsible
and foolish post encouraging Chinese casualties in retaliation gets no
negative response or threat of shunning, but somebody who engages him gets
threatened with internal exile. That sounds rather like censorship doesn't
it? Where does censorship occur? China? I am accused of "pissing on the
forum", but, if we are being scatological, I see no qualms about the big log
laid on the campfire in the form of encouraging war and retaliation in
deaths. Think about that...

   I saw the video and it shows a playful pilot possibly aware of warming
relations between the 2 countries trying to display his e-mail address (for
friendly contact?) and giving a Hawaiian hand signal. Hardly a taunting and
aggressive threat. I'm sure he didn't intend to crash and kill himself - so
it must have been an accident, no?

    Playing the predictable propaganda angle only promotes the worst result
and serves less than wholesome purposes. As you refer to in your free press
declarations, I think challenging that mentality is more important and was
what I was doing all along against your resistance if you hadn't noticed.
That is the purpose, function, and objective of the freedoms you praise -not
promoting ignorance and hatred in the name of nationalism.

    This is entirely AT related because if you read the 'Regional Planning'
article you would see that Benton MacKaye proposed the AT as a means to
harness the energies of militarism into an acceptable form of Trail
conservation. Please read it. I will post it. This kind of thing is exactly
what he was talking about. I wonder if Benton would be ignored too?