[at-l] Thru-hike as Sabbatical?

Saunterer writes:
<< The idea of a thru-hike as marriage sabbatical which benefits both=20
partners=20
in the is an interesting one.=A0 I guess it all comes down to attitude (just=
=20
like everything else in life). >>
 The company I work for is offering time off for certain personal reasons,=20
with the promise of your postion waiting for you when you come back. Since I=
=20
gave up being a section hiker (still have 900+ to go) and decided to do a=20
thruhike instead in a few years, this seemed interesting. Talked it over wit=
h=20
Mrs TJ, who would need to become a single parent to 3 under 12 kids for six=20
months. She said go for it. Actually, she said, "You're not getting any=20
younger, why not go for it?" Wrote up the request for leave, sent it in, and=
=20
couldn't sleep for three days.
 Request for leave denied. Reason: Leave is for worthwhile purposes only. A=20
thruhike is not 'worthwhile'? Maybe if I had said it was for a marriage=20
sabbatical they would've approved it!
TJ < has a great wife :O)

multipart/alternative
  text/html